Thursday 6 December 2012

Sweet Potato and Aubergine Curry


I had sweet potatoes leftover after making the pancakes I posted the other day, so I thought I’d make a curry with them. I also had an aubergine that was verging on too old, so I decided to use it up. I wasn’t sure how well they’d go together, but luckily, it actually did work out quite well. The sweet potato tasted great with the spicy curry sauce and I would like to try it with courgette as well some time.

Ingredients:
1 aubergine
1 sweet potato
oil
1-3 tbsp red curry paste, depending on taste
1 tin coconut milk
rice
water

Instructions:
1. Wash and dice the aubergine. Peel and chop the sweet potato. If you want, you can boil it for 5-10 minutes first, to soften it.
2. Stir-fry the vegetables in oil until soft, then add some red curry paste and a bit of the coconut milk. Continue cooking.
3. Cook the rice in water. When it’s almost done, add about 1 tsp of the curry paste to flavour it and some of the coconut milk.
4. Add the remainder of the curry paste and coconut milk to the vegetables.
5. Serve the vegetables over the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment