Thursday 8 March 2012

Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta

Since my partner isn’t a vegetarian, I do sometimes make fish dishes at home for her (I haven’t cooked any meat since I lived with my parents as a teenager). Trimmings of fish are much cheaper than regular fish and can be used in pies, flans, pasta, and many other dishes.

Ingredients:
1 onion
oil
honey or sugar
75 g green peas (frozen is fine)
pasta (about 75 g per person)
water
150 g smoked salmon (I used trimmings, which are cheaper and taste just as good)
soy cream (regular is fine too)
pumpkin seeds
chives

Instructions:
1. Dice the onion and fry it in the oil. After a few minutes, add the honey or sugar, so the onion turns brown and caramelises.
2. Add the peas to the onion. Set the pasta to boil (depending on the type of pasta, this could take 2-10 minutes).
3. Mix the salmon and cream in with the onions. Stir and cook while the pasta is boiling.
4. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the salmon, then chop fresh chives and add them as well.
5. Serve the pasta with the creamy salmon sauce over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment