Sunday 4 March 2012

Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian

I have mentioned my cousins before here; I have no siblings, so these two guys are like brothers. One of them very thoughtfully bought me Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian cookbook.

It’s a James Beard Foundation award-winning book, so you know it’s good, but besides the accolades, it’s a great cookbook. It has over 600 recipes, all vegetarian, and they are divided up into categories such as dried beans and peas, grains, dairy, sauces, and so on. Jaffrey also has a list of helpful resources.

Some people are really unsure about how to make healthy vegetarian food, but this book offers a huge number of tips and recipes. Nothing is too complicated to make either. I personally especially love the aubergine dishes, but most of Jaffrey’s recipes are great.

I am lucky to have received such a wonderful book as a present from an equally wonderful relative.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have such a wonderful and supportive cousin. Id imagine hes an amazing guy.. and really handsome too.

    ReplyDelete