Sunday 18 May 2014

Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding


I saw a recipe from Nigella Lawson for chilli-cinnamon chocolate pudding with rum and I thought it sounded intriguing, not least because it is what is known as “self-saucing”. I didn’t think M would like the chilli or rum so I left those out, along with the butter for greasing, and I used more white sugar and less brown sugar than Nigella. Still, the result was good, especially served with cream or Oatly.

 

I think this could easily be adapted so that other flavours are used instead of cinnamon (orange, nuts, etc), so that will be what I do next.

 

Ingredients:

150 g flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla extract

200 g caster sugar

50 g cocoa powder

185 ml milk (I used rice milk)

4 tbsp rapeseed or corn oil plus extra to grease the pan

100 g sugar (I used about half dark brown soft sugar and half caster, but any combination would be fine)

175 ml boiling water

 

Instructions:

1. Grease the pan.

2. Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, vanilla, caster sugar, and 25 g of cocoa together.

3. Mix the milk and oil together and blend with the dry ingredients.

4. Pour into the pan.

5. Mix the other 25 g of cocoa and the sugar and spoon over the ingredients in the pan.

6. Pour the boiling water on top.

7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment