Friday 9 January 2015

Eliopitta Olive Bread


I found this recipe in Sally Butcher’s Veggiestan and since we love olives, I thought I’d try it out. I adapted it to our tastes.

 

It was a nice bread, but for great olive taste, I still prefer a focaccia.

 

Ingredients:

250 g strong white flour

1 tbsp sugar

1 tsp salt

7 g dried yeast

2 tbsp olive oil

1-3 tsp rosemary

160 ml lukewarm water, plus water for the pan

75 g olives

 

Instructions:

1. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, olive oil, rosemary, and water together. Knead well and leave to rise for 30-60 minutes.

2. Knead again, then leave to rise again.

3. Shape into a loaf or round. Slice the olives and place on the loaf. Let the loaf rise another 30 minutes.

4. Fill a baking tray with water and place in the bottom of the oven.

5. Bake at 240 C for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 190 C and bake for another 20 minutes, until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment