Saturday 24 January 2015

Vegan Chocolate Chip Scones



One rainy evening while M was out, I suddenly felt like baking, so she’d have something warm and cosy to come home to. I decided to make scones but to add chocolate chips. I used coconut oil here to get a hint of chocolate-coconut flavour, which is a combination I like, but feel free to replace the coconut oil with rapeseed or sunflower.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
8 tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk (I used rice milk)
1 cup chocolate chips (make sure they’re vegan)

Instructions:
1. Mix everything but the milk and chocolate chips together.
2. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk and slowly mix the milk into the dry ingredients.
3. When it is well mixed, add in the chocolate chips.
4. You can make one big scone that you slice before baking into pieces or you can lightly flour your hands make individual small scones, which is what I did.
5. Bake at 180 C for 15-25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment