Friday 29 July 2011

Sweet Potato and Cabbage Hash

I found this recipe in the July issue of Vegetarian Living, but I’ve adjusted it to our tastes (I am not that fond of soy sauce and find it very salty) and I simply fried the eggs rather than baking them. I rarely cook with cabbage, so it was great to try this. I’ve now made a few more dishes with cabbage; I love when I expand my culinary repertoire.

Ingredients:
4 sweet potatoes
water
oil
1 onion
1 tsp sugar
½ savoy cabbage
4 eggs
black pepper
nigella seeds

Instructions:
1. Wash the potatoes and boil them in the water for about 12-15 minutes. Drain, peel, and dice them.
2. Warm the oil in a frying pan. Chop the onion and add it to the pan. After a few minutes, add the sugar and stir.
3. Wash and chop the cabbage and add it and the potatoes to the pan. Fry for about 10 minutes.
4. Push the cabbage and potatoes to the sides of the pan and crack the eggs into the middle. Fry them until just set.
5. Season with pepper and nigella and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment