Wednesday 13 February 2013

Chocolate Almond Cake


My mother sent me a recipe and I am not sure where it was from, but this is my version of it. I made just a half portion (i.e. half of what is here) the first time, as it is so rich.

The recipe suggested this method of baking, but next time I will try it without the water bath.

Ingredients:

340 g dark chocolate
½ cup oil or ¾ cup butter plus extra for the tin
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup coffee
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup ground almonds (or hazelnuts, or other nut)
6 eggs
hot water

Instructions:
1. Melt the chocolate with the oil or butter, vanilla, and coffee.
2. Add in the sugar, salt, and nuts. Stir well.
3. Whisk the eggs and add them in.
4. Grease a cake tin and put the batter in it. Then put the cake tin in a roasting pan and add the water. Loosely cover the tin with foil.
5. Bake at 170 C for 40-90 minutes (depending on if you have made a full portion or a half portion).

No comments:

Post a Comment