Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lemon Cornmeal Cake

I originally saw a version of this recipe on Epicurious. I love cornmeal, so I wanted to try it out, but adjusted to the ingredients available (I couldn’t get buttermilk at the time I was making this) and the way I like things (i.e. more cornmeal and easy on the sugar, which also means no glaze). This was tasty both served warm with the blueberry sauce (see the next recipe) and the next day served cool without.

Ingredients:
115 g butter
½ cup cornmeal
1½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt
2 eggs
peel from 1 lemon
juice from ½ lemon

Instructions:
1. Melt the butter, then cool.
2. Blend the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Mix the yogurt, eggs, lemon peel, and lemon juice together.
4. Mix the cornmeal mixture with the wet ingredients, then mix in the butter.
5. Bake at 180 C for 30 minutes. Serve with blueberry sauce (see next recipe) or butter, as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment