Tuesday 25 January 2011

Nutella Cookies

One recent evening, all M wanted for dinner was some cheese tortellini. I made a simple olive, artichoke, and tomato sauce to go over the pasta, but my inner cook was not satisfied. It wasn’t enough of a challenge. So I decided to bake some cookies for us to have for dessert.

We had a jar of Nutella (that childishly good chocolate hazelnut spread) on the counter, so I quickly looked up various recipes and then made a simpler version of them. The cookies I made were tasty, but I think next time I might make them a little fancier and a little nuttier by sprinkled them with hazelnut pieces. You could also add chocolate chips for an even deeper chocolate flavour.

Ingredients:
90 g butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar
½ cup Nutella
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/8 cup cocoa
1 egg

Instructions:
1. Melt the butter, then mix it with the vanilla, the sugar, and the Nutella.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together, then add it to the Nutella mixture. Mix well.
3. Mix in the egg.
4. Drop by small spoonfuls onto a greased baking tray, then bake for about 8 minutes at 180 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment