Tuesday 21 May 2013

Brioche


I found a recipe for brioche, but I replaced the dairy, and still managed to keep the sweet taste.

 

You can add dried fruit, chocolate chips, or other items to the dough.

 

Ingredients:

190 g strong white bread flour (I actually only had 140 g white flour, so I used that plus 50 g brown bread flour)

25 g sugar

1 tsp salt

4 g yeast

50 ml milk (I used rice milk)

2 eggs

90 g butter (I used Pure sunflower spread)

 

Instructions:

1. Mix all the ingredients together well (about 5-10 minutes in a mixer).

2. Leave to rise overnight in a greased bowl. I left ours in the fridge.

3. Put the dough in a bread tin. If you want that typical brioche-look, you can roll it into 8-10 balls and push them together. Leave to rise for a few hours.

4. Bake at 180 C for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment