Thursday 9 May 2013

Cinnamon Buns


This is a Scandinavian classic. When I was taking a French class, a Norwegian woman in the course brought these buns to our final session. She gave me the recipe and I fiddled with it and though my final product was not as fluffy as hers, it was still good.

If you want a Cinnabon-style bun, you can also make an icing for the top, but I think that’s overkill.

Ingredients:
4¼ cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cardamom
2 tsp cinnamon
14 g yeast
100 g margarine (or butter)
1½ cups milk (I used rice milk)

cinnamon filling:
75 g margarine or butter
¼ - ½ cup sugar
1/8 cup cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
1. Mix the flour, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, and yeast together.
2. Warm the margarine and milk together, then mix with the dry ingredients. Blend well.
3. Leave to rest for 45-60 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the cinnamon filling. You can vary the proportions here according to your own taste.
5. Roll the dough out. Spread it with the filling, then roll it up. Slice it into buns.
6. Let rise another 30-40 minutes.
7. Bake at 180 C for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment