Wednesday 3 November 2010

A Food Challenge

A lot of people complain that they just make the same few dishes all the time. Cooking has become repetitious and dull, and it’s just something that has to be done.

If that’s the case, why not give yourself a food challenge? I aim to make at least one new recipe a week, and in order to get inspiration for these new dishes, I read a couple of food magazines regularly (always Vegetarian Living and delicious), and others occasionally, plus I skim blogs and cookbooks and food websites. Whatever seems interesting to me, I mark, and then I try to create a dish based on what I like about a particular recipe.

So why not try a new recipe every week or two, or if that seems too much, try for one a month? You may find that cooking turns fun for you again, plus you get new dishes to add to your regular line-up.

Post a comment or email mewith your favourite food website, blog, magazine, or cookbook, or to suggest a recipe. Challenge yourself; you might enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment