Saturday 20 November 2010

Mediterranean Casserole with Tofu

I had tofu that needed to be used, so when I read about a Provencal casserole with aubergine and chickpeas, I decided to combine that with my tofu. I also added a handful of cherry tomatoes, some pitted Kalamata olives, and garlic. I cooked it all in one dish in the oven, then served it with thick Greek yogurt and a garlic baguette. It was a fast and filling meal with a nice Mediterranean flavour.

Ingredients:
1 aubergine
olive oil
sea salt
2-3 garlic cloves
handful of cherry tomatoes (6-8)
handful of pitted black olives (4-6)
1 tin chickpeas
1 container tofu (I had marinated tofu, but this would be fine with plain as well)
Greek yogurt and garlic baguette to serve with the casserole

Instructions:
1. Wash and chop the aubergine into matchsticks. Toss the aubergine in oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast it in an oven-safe casserole dish for 15 minutes at 210 C.
2. Meanwhile, chop the garlic, tomatoes, and olives. Add them to the aubergine. Drain and add the chickpeas, and chop then add the tofu. Stir all the ingredients together and add more oil.
3. Cook for another 15 minutes at 200 C.
4. Serve with yogurt and garlic baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment