Wednesday 9 February 2011

Leek Tart

I like leeks but don’t use them often enough. So I decided to make a simple leek tart. I carmelised the leeks and then seasoned them with a bit of mustard (though horseradish or just black pepper would work too). I mixed in some creamy goat cheese and that was it. It was comforting, but it also was nice enough so that I could have served it to guests.

Ingredients:
4 leeks
oil
sugar
1 cup yogurt or buttermilk
mustard or horseradish or black pepper
125 g goat cheese
1 portion shortcrust pastry (see previous post)

Instructions:
1. Wash and cut the leeks into small pieces. Fry them lightly in oil, then add a bit of sugar so they carmelise.
2. After about 10 minutes, add the yogurt or buttermilk. Season with spices according to your taste.
3. Mix in the goat cheese.
4. Put the shortcrust pastry in the casserole dish. Pre-bake at 200 C for 5 minutes.
5. Add the leek mixture to the dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment