Thursday 17 February 2011

Olive Bread

Watching my M happily munch away on olives made me wonder if I could make her a nice olive bread. We had slices of the bread warm with butter spread on it, but it could be used for sandwiches too, and the next day I nibbled on the bread as it was while we were baby-sitting for the daughter of friends.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used spelt flour but plain white would be fine too)
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp fast-action yeast
¾ cup warm water
4 tbsp olive oil
½ cup olives

Instructions:
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the water and the olive oil and blend until just mixed. Leave to rise for about 30 minutes, or until doubled.
3. Chop the olives.
4. Turn the bread out on a floured surface and knead. Add the olives.
5. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment