Tuesday 8 February 2011

Shortcrust Pastry

When it’s so easy to make your own shortcrust pastry, why buy the ready-made stuff from the grocery store? The pre-packaged pastry tends to have chemicals and flavourings added, so I think it’s better to make your own, because then you know exactly what’s in there.

M thought I should roll it out, but that seemed like too much effort for me, so I just pressed it into the dish I was using. M said it gave the dish a more rustic look and we think that’s fine, but if you really want a fancier style, roll it out.

Ingredients:
½ cup flour
75 g butter
a little cold water

Instructions:
1. Mix the flour and butter together, either by hand or in a mixer.
2. Add water as needed, not more than 2 tbsp.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, then use as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment