Sunday 24 October 2010

Baking Powder Biscuits

I really love heavy, dark breads. But M isn’t so keen on them. Unfortunately, one day that’s all I had in the house, so I thought I’d better quickly make a lighter bread to go along with the meal. So I whipped up some baking powder biscuits, which I like because they are easy and yeast-free. They’re great served warm on their own with butter and honey, or with a soup or stew.

Ingredients:
2 ½ tbsp butter
1 cup flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup milk
1 tsp honey or sugar or agave
black pepper


Instructions:
1. Let the butter soften, then mix it with the flour, baking powder, and salt, until the dough is crumbly.
2. Add milk, sweetener, and a little black pepper, and mix well.
3. Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a baking tray. Bake at 220 C for 12 minutes.
4. Serve warm, preferably sliced in half and spread with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment