Wednesday 6 October 2010

Lemon and Agave Drink

I sleep really poorly, so I've been trying to cut down on caffeinated drinks. Instead, I've been drinking warm water with agave (which is a natural sweetener) and lemon. It's really soothing and tasty, and it warms me from the inside out the way coffee or tea would. M often makes it for me in the morning and brings it to me in bed!

You can use honey instead of the agave, but I'm slightly allergic, so I mostly avoid honey. Agave comes in light or dark versions and they have slightly different flavours, so experiment to see what you like, and what proportions work best for you.

Ingredients:
water
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 tsp agave (or honey)

Instructions:

1. Boil water.
2. Add the lemon juice and agave.
3. Mix and drink.

Couldn't be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment