Wednesday 20 October 2010

Pasta with Vegetables, Ricotta, and Lemon

I love the taste of ricotta cheese and lemon together. I’ve had delicious ricotta and lemon pancakes for breakfast, but I wanted to do something with the combination for dinner instead. So I decided to make a savoury pasta sauce

The flavour of lemon is very spring-like, so I wanted green vegetables with it. Courgette and artichoke hearts called out to me, but when I make this again, I’d use peas as well. A couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes added a nice juiciness and a sprinkle of red colour too. It was a taste of spring during days that are now rainy, gray, and autumnal.

Ingredients:
whole-wheat pasta
1 courgette
olive oil
artichoke hearts in oil
1 lemon
250 g ricotta
1 dl single cream
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes (about 15)
30 g pine nuts
black pepper
salt

Instructions:
1. Set the pasta to boil.
2. Slice the courgette and fry it in the olive oil until browned. Add 5-6 artichoke hearts.
3. Add grated lemon peel, the ricotta, and the cream. Cook over medium heat for 5 or so minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, pine nuts, and juice from the lemon. Cook for another few minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and mix it with the sauce. Season with pepper, salt, and more lemon juice, as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment