Friday 20 May 2011

Broccoli Soup

Broccoli is the first vegetable I made for M and it’s probably the one I make her most often, as it’s her favourite. I made a flavourful broccoli soup (and it included my fave veg, spinach), which we ate with the sun-dried tomato bread I posted yesterday.



Ingredients:

1 onion

1 head broccoli

1 tbsp butter

2 tsp mustard

1 tsp salt

2 cups water

1 vegetable stock cube

1 cup spinach

100 g cheddar cheese

bread to serve with the soup



Instructions:

1. Chop the onion. Wash the broccoli and break it into florets.

2. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion, broccoli, mustard, and salt.

3. After a few moments, add the water and the stock cube. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

4. Add the spinach. Cook another few minutes.

5. Blend the soup with a hand-mixer.

6. Chop the cheddar.

7. Return the soup to the stove and add the cheese.

8. Serve with bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment