Tuesday 10 May 2011

Vanilla Panna Cotta

Panna cotta always sounds so appetizing. But I never order it off a menu (except at a vegetarian restaurant), because it nearly always has gelatine in it. And I will not eat gelatine (I know some vegetarians who make an exception for products such as gummy candies or marshmallows, but I will not).

But the other day, I found Vegeset. It works like gelatine, except it’s vegetarian. Hurray! The first thing I made with it was panna cotta. I served it with fresh strawberries.

Ingredients:
1 cup double cream (or ½ cup milk and ½ cup cream)
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract (for a more luxurious dessert one day, I’ll make this with a vanilla pod)
½ tsp Vegeset
berries and/or cream to serve with it

Instructions:
1. Mix everything together and warm it over low heat until just boiling.
2. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate.
3. Serve with berries and/or cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment