Friday 13 May 2011

Miso Tofu Stir-Fry

I work long hours and though I enjoy cooking, I don’t always have time to make a gourmet meal. That’s where dishes such as stir-fries or grains/rice/pasta and veg come in. They’re quick and simple to make, you can vary them according to what you have at home, and they’re healthy and tasty. I like to try different vegetable combinations and different spices, so this time I used miso, red pepper, and asparagus, and I found that they worked well together and also looked pretty. Of course, I livened mine up with extra Tabasco sauce.

Ingredients:
1 package tofu
miso paste (about 1 tbsp, but it depends on how salty you want it)
brown basmati rice
water
1 onion
oil
vegetables (I used red pepper and asparagus)
yogurt

Instructions:
1. Drain as much of the water from the tofu as you can. Spread miso paste on the tofu and place it in an oven-safe dish. Roast it for 10-15 minutes at 180 C.
2. Set the rice to boil in the water.
3. Dice the onion and fry it lightly in the oil. Chop the other vegetables and add them to the pan. Stir-fry for about 10 minutes.
4. Dice the tofu and add it to the pan as well. Stir-fry for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve the tofu and vegetables over rice, accompanied by yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment