Thursday 16 December 2010

Coconut Macaroons

I’m a teacher and as it’s the last week of the semester, I baked for my students, as I always do. I made two types of cookies for them; young people tend to go for sweet treats. The first kind I made was coconut macaroons. They taste just like the macaroons I remember from Passover when I was a child and they’re so easy to make.

Ingredients:
5 1/2 cups (or about 400 g) flaked coconut
1 (14 ounce or 400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; mix well.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto aluminium foil-lined and generously greased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment