Tuesday 14 December 2010

Tomato Soup with Mascarpone and Ricotta

I’ve already posted a recipe for tomato soup, but I wanted to post a slightly different one. I had mascarpone and ricotta leftover from other dishes and I needed to use them before M and I went away for the weekend. So decided to make an extra creamy version of my tomato soup. It was very rich and flavourful and it was a great way to make sure I didn’t waste the leftover mascarpone and ricotta cheeses.

Ingredients:
1 onion
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sugar or honey
olive oil
1 stock cube, or equivalent amount stock powder
2 cartons chopped tomatoes
1 cup milk
75 g mascarpone
50 g ricotta
garlic baguette to serve with it

Instructions:
1. Peel and dice the onion and garlic and put the pieces in the pot. Fry in oil for 5 minutes, then add the sugar and the stock cube and let caramelise for another few minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Then add the milk and cheeses.
3. Puree the soup with a hand blender.
4. Serve with a garlic baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment